On a budget, but have plenty of time? Tired of golf, fine dining, and mall shopping?
In no particular order, here are some fun activities in the Scottsdale area:
1. Cracker Jax Family Fun and Sports Park, water fun and arcade for kids of all ages.
2. The Heard Museum, the best in southwestern art and artifacts. (Still a nice museum)
3. Taliesin West, the living memorial to the great Frank Lloyd Wright (not related to Wilbur and Orville Redenbacher). (worth a visit if you love architecture)
4. Penske Racing Museum, the cars, trophies and memorabilia of one of racing’s most successful dynasties.
5. Arcosanti Project, an urban laboratory and experimental town designed to improve urban living conditions.
6. Desert Botanical Garden, where edible cacti can be found.
7. The PING Golf Factory, but make a reservation and be prepared for the ghost of Karsten.
8. Rawhide Western Town, for you wannabee cowgirls and cowboys, moo moo buckaroo! (only if you have kids with you!)
9. Fiesta Bowl Block Party, only $15 for fireworks and the Doobie Brothers.
10. Have a nice dinner and a quiet evening, like us! (Always a winner!)
- Go to a San Francisco Giants spring training game. After all, hope springs eternal!